Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Neurophysiology Technologist II\(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) in Neuroscience Epilepsy at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA
Under minimal supervision of the Lead Technologist, performs all the modalities of evoked potential studies in the laboratory as well as the operating room\.
In this position you will:
- Monitors more complicated surgical procedures \(i\.e\. motor evoked potentials \(MEP\), vascular, orthopedic, and neurological cases when the patient is at most risk for injury\.
- Performs long\-term monitoring in the Epilepsy Unit with scalp and intracranial placed electrodes, the operating room for electrocorticography \(ECOG\), and cortical stimulation studies\.
- Performs sodium Amytal \(Wada\) testing, and injects radiopharmaceutical Tc\-ppm Biscate \(Neurolite\) to seizure patients\.
- Performs all neurodiagnostic procedures in the laboratory and patient care floors\.
Required qualifications for this position:
- High school graduate and a graduate of a two year electroneurodiagnostic technology program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation and/or two years of college in a related field and/or equivalent formal training approved by the Medical Director\.
- Registry required by the American Board of Registration of EEG and Evoked Potential Technologists \(ABRET\)\.
- Registry eligible and/or acquired in evoked potentials or CNIM\.
- Minimum five years in electroneurodiagnostics and evoked potential studies and two years experience in monitoring EEG's/EP's in the operating room under the direct supervision of a qualified Electroencephalographer\.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 152573