DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michiganâ��s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the stateâ��s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroitâ��s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence.
Under the supervision of a registered nurse and in collaboration with other members of a multidisciplinary team provides treatment to patients with mental illness.
1. Provides one-to-one interaction with patients.
2. Assists in educational sessions, facilitates task oriented sessions; e.g. Community Meeting.
3. Assists with the patient intake, admission and discharge processes including but not limited to collection of objective data and patients unit orientation.
4. Performs patient, body and property searches, and secures patient property.
5. Participates in patient care conferences and treatment-planning meetings as requested. Observe patients at risk for dangerous behavior (suicidal, self mutilation or aggression towards others). Performs and documents patient and environmental rounds.
6. Obtains vital signs, performs specimen collection (e.g. blood draws, urine collection), diagnostic testing, (e.g. ECG, breathalyzer) and assists with physical examinations as needed.
7. Assists patients with activities of daily living e.g. eating, dressing, bathing and laundry.
8. Monitors and documents patient observations, 1:1 interactions, intervention/actions taken, and the patients response to interventions provided by the Mental Health Technician.
9. Completes court petitions, accompanies patients to court and testifies to substantiate the need for court ordered treatment. Communicates status of court activity to professional staff.
10. Assists professional staff with restraint and seclusion as needed.
11. Performs routine clerical functions e.g. answering phones, and computer input and retrieval of information, ordering and stocking unit equipment and supplies, generating and distributing reports, updating unit census and other informational boards.
12. Ensures that patient care equipment is clean and in good working order.
13. Promotes guest relations. Anticipates and responds to needs of others. Provides assistance in a quick and courteous manner.
14. Treats others with care and respect while maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
15. Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
1. One year of college study in behavioral health or equivalent combination of education and experience in an adult mental health setting AND one year of related clinical experience working with mentally ill patients; OR Associates degree in psychology, social work or a human service discipline.
2. Successful completion of annual recipient rights training, physical management in-service and demonstration, maintains active CPR certification.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.