Location: Akron, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, 1 Night/week, 10:30am - 7:00pm
Onsite, 5 days/week
Provides a comprehensive set of business-related services (via synchronous and/or asynchronous setting) to serve the behavioral health population which includes registration, appointment scheduling, arrival and departures, telehealth services, co-pay collection (when applicable), visit preparation, and insurance verification. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- Appointment scheduling
- Registration including visit preparation, co-pay collection, and insurance verification, patient check in and check out.
- Scoring and entry of various screening and testing protocols
- Customer Service
- Other duties as required.
- Previous PSR experience is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Customer service experience is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school equivalent and/or Associates degree
- Years of experience: High school equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or an Associate's degree and 1-year relevant experience. General office experience may offset the experience requirements knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Excellent communication skills are essential. Sustained successful performance in this position may lead to promotion to a PSR team lead and/or office coordinator depending upon individual performance and business needs.
- Years of experience supervising: N/A
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: