Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System seeks a licensed psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary behavioral health team. This position involves providing evidenced-based treatment to patients in a growing outpatient behavioral health clinic. Our interdisciplinary team boasts expertise in CBTI, DBT, PCIT, ERP, Pain management, as well as working with individuals with complex medical conditions. We are seeking a candidate who will be able to add to expertise in either of these areas but are also open to candidates with other particular areas of interest.
Overall, St. Luke's Psychologists' primary responsibilities are to provide direct patient care in the form of individual, group, or family therapy, and/or psychological testing. For this position, the testing/therapy split is negotiable. Services will be provided in an ambulatory setting and/or telemedicine setting. Opportunities to provide education to clinic staff may also be available. Psychologists also work with administration, medical staff, and patients/families to grow and develop the behavioral health services at St. Luke's in an effort to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of St. Luke's Health System.
- Plan and deliver direct psychotherapy and treatment services to assigned patients individually or in groups.
- Work with Managers and staff to develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate prevention and educational activities.
- Assist in development and provide presentations on psychological disorders and psychological aspects of medical conditions.
- Assist in the planning of staff development programs targeting the development of motivational interviewing skills, as applicable to role.
- Utilize existing and/or develop evaluation tools to assess treatment outcomes.
- Represent the facility to clients, their friends and families, and the community in a tactful, courteous manner, maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family.
- Interact with patients/families with a variety of developmental and sociocultural backgrounds.
- Provide psychoeducation to patients and families and convey an attitude of acceptance, sensitivity, and caring.
- Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the healthcare team within the facility and any applicable referral agencies.
- Graduation from an APA/CPA accredited school doctoral program.
- Current license or eligible to obtain license to practice psychology in the state of Idaho.
- Successful completion of a BLS (CPR) provider course within 4 months of employment.
- Required to demonstrate leadership and possess ability to make decisions and solve problems as they arise.
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment.
- Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Ability and willingness to work with employees' growth and development needs.
- Ability to manage a fast paced work environment related to changing staff levels, patient needs, including work with patients with acute, chronic, and complex disease processes, and those who are dying.
- Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values.
- Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with principles for service excellence.
About Twin Falls
Twin Falls is the center of the Magic Valley in southern Idaho, a thriving agricultural economy with innovative food science and production companies including Chobani, Clif bar, Glanbia, and Agropur. The Snake River Canyon and nearby Sawtooth Mountains provide abundant world-class recreational opportunities including rock climbing, golfing, skiing, mountaineering, white-water rafting and kayaking, cycling, hiking, and many other outdoor activities. The community supports active sports and community arts programs.
Why St. Luke's?
St. Luke's Health System is Idaho's largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke's has been awarded by IBM Watson Health as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country for the eighth consecutive year. Only two health systems have received this recognition more years than us - Mayo and Asante. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke's enjoys an outstanding reputation as a superior healthcare organization.
For more information on this and other St. Luke's opportunities, please contact Tracey Cooper via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 208-814-0656.
Learn more about what the Magic Valley has to offer you:
City of Twin Falls | Perrine Bridge | Shoshone Falls | Snake River Canyon Rim Trails | Dierkes Lake | Idaho Heritage Museum | Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences | Orpheum Theatre | Faulkner Planetarium | Twin Falls Parks and Rec | Twin Falls Golf Club
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.