Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Assessment Specialist 1 (Social Work/Counseling), FT Nights
Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
$4,000 Signing Bonus
Performs clinical crisis assessments, telephone triage in the psych access center, referral coordination and disposition planning for psychiatric patients of all ages. Able to succinctly document clinical concerns in the patient record as well as possess mental health knowledge to refer patients to the appropriate level of care on the behavioral health continuum.
- Clinical Crisis Assessments.
- Facilitate Admissions.
- Crisis Intervention.
- Telephone Triage Activities.
- Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Vanderbilt Behavioral Health is a multidisciplinary service within Vanderbilt University Medical Center that offers world-class patient care and excellence in education and research.
- Vanderbilt Behavioral Health, through its inpatient facility Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital, is the only inpatient provider of mental health services for children in Middle Tennessee. We offer highly specialized services for children ages 4-12 who have emotional or behavioral challenges and need immediate assistance. Each child's care is supervised by a board-certified child psychiatrist.
- Our adult programs care for patients 18 and older. We offer personalized treatment programs tailored to specific needs such as Psychotic Disorder Program, Mood Disorders Program, Addictions Programs, and the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program.
- Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital is an 106-bed hospital for children, adolescents, and adult patients.
Shift: 36 hours (12-hour shifts); 7p-7a; Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
- Master's Degree or higher which meets criteria for an LMSW or LPC-MHSP license (Required)
- TN LMSW or LPC-MHSP temporary license required or must be obtained within six months of hire (Required)
- Assessment Specialist Sign-On Bonus Eligibility Requirements: The sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past 12 months.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement. Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements. Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively :- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.